Shadow of the Eternals is basically Eternal Darkness 2, new details have surfaced about this brand new horror game. Get all of them past the link.
The game is being crowd funded, and not through Kickstarter. Dennis Dyack is looking to raise 1.1 million dollars for the development of the game. And probably the biggest news is that the game is coming to the PC and Wii U. Earlier, I said I had a gut feeling it wasn’t coming to the Wii U. That’s why from now on, I will no longer be trusting my gut feelings. I’ll just wait for a official announcement.
Here are some details on the story and plot via mynintendonews:
When Detective Paul Becker is called to one of the bloodiest gang massacres in Louisiana state history, only two survivors remain from a brutal conflict between two rival cults. As Becker begins his interrogations of the suspects, their combined recollections will uncover the truth about the ‘Ancients’. Shadow of the Ancients is a sequel to the critically acclaimed Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Reqiuem.
Featuring an ensemble cast of heroes and villains, the game will span over 2500 years of history throughout Egypt, England, Hungary, and the United States. Players will question the perception of reality as they try to balance the mechanics of combat, magick, and sanity events to progress through the adventure. Shadow of the Ancients will take players on a memorable journey throughout time; weaving historical fact with disturbing fiction to create an experience unlike any other.
Here are some additional details from GoNintendo:
– coming to Wii U (and PC) in Q3 2014
– this is as long as crowdfunding comes thorugh
– Precursor Games is a company formed after the death of Silicon Knights
– game will be episodic
– current goal is to make a season of 12 playable episodes
– each will focus on at least one playable character
– roughly two-to-four hours of gameplay in each episode
– will bring back the combat, magick, and sanity event mechanics from Eternal Darkness
– funding goal is $1.1 million
– Kickstarter will not be used
– donate to become a member of the “Order of the Unseen”
– get access to the development forums and interact with the team
– other rewards include copies of episodes of the game, posters, Skype calls with a developer, and creating your own sanity effect
– story follows detective Paul Becker as he investigates a brutal massacre in Louisiana that left two cults decimated
– Becker ends up learning of the Eternals
– follows a similar path as Eternal Darknes
– jump between different characters across 2,500 years of history
– regions ranging from the United States and England to Egypt and Hungary
So it looks like this game is a go on Wii U and PC. Those just happen to be my two favorite platforms, along with the 3DS. Are any of you guys going to be donating to get this game made? I know I will.
More From PlayeressenceLighting Returns Is Xenoblade Worthy of Diablo 3 PvP Canned Battle System GOTY? Playeressence Original Next Generation News All the Top Gaming News Content & Shows Central, All info here For the day here