February NPD: Wii U & Vita Sales pick up + Top software
The NPD data is always a bit skewed because it doesn’t track online retailers like Amazon for instance, but it doesn give you a idea of how games and systems are doing. The industry is down overall by 27% from last year. However, the Vita and Wii U are picking up some steam.
Microsoft has once again dominated the sales in the US, selling well over 200K, while the Wii U and PSVita have started to pick up steam. The Wii U got a 40% boost from last month, and the Vita got a 30% boost. See what software does for a console?
Fire Emblem Awakening is charting some strong sales for a series that doesn’t usually sell that well outside ofthe US. The awesome Strategy RPG moved 180,000 units in February, with over 63,000 units made on the 3DS eSHop.
Check out the full software chart below.
February 2013 top 10 games (new physical retail only, all platforms)
- Dead Space 3 (PC, PS3, X360)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PC, PS3, Wii U, X360)
- Crysis 3 (PC, PS3, X360)
- NBA 2K13 (PC, PS3, PSP, Wii, Wii U, X360)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3, X360)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC, PS3, X360)
- Just Dance 4 (PS3, Wii, Wii U, X360)
- Far Cry 3 (PC, PS3, X360)
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, Vita)
- Madden NFL 13 (PS3, Vita, Wii, Wii U, X360)
I don’t see why people are buying the crap that Aliens Colonial Marines. Good job for Sly Cooper as well. I though that game was going to do really bad. But it seems like their is interest.