MiiVerse will continue to evolve according to Nintendo. At GDC this year, the company laid out their future plans to bring more content and functionality to MiiVerse.
In the next few months, we should see these improvements to MiiVerse. They will allow users and developers to better interact with each other. While broadening the communication between the users and software.
- Players will be able to send and receive comments in-game.
- Players will be able to see ‘Yeahs’ in-game.
- They can follow users, and see who users are following in-game.
- Users will be able to launch games from Miiverse Posts
- Launch buttons on Miiverse posts can contain program arguments, so it will be possible to boot directly to a certain level or menu in a game
- Can work with online datastore for additional functionality
- Mizuki posited the potential application of level editing and sharing via Miiverse;
envisions a game where users bring the game to life (sounds very LBP)
- User Sub-Communities (like Mario Kart 7′s) are coming to Miiverse
- Can be used to organise and hold tournaments
- First game to use them is Wii Fit U
- Nintendo is canvassing developers for anything else they’d like to see in the API
While all these improvements are welcomed, I feel MiiVerse is the reason Nintendo is not doing a achievement system on Wii U. There so busy improving MiiVerse, they don’t have time to fully integrate a universal achievement system on Wii U. However, I think at this year’s E3, they really need to announce one. Then say it will have full integration with MiiVerse this fall.
What do you guys think? Put them in the comments below.More From Playeressence Mario Kart Double Dash Final Fantasy Vs 13 on PS4 to Block Used Games 2 Wishlist PS4? Via NFC Tech? Playeressence Original Next Generation News All the Top Gaming News Content & Shows Central, All info here For the day here