Furious Francis’ Most Anticipated Releases in Gaming 2012
Most Anticipated Releases in Gaming 2012
6. Dishonored (October 9th, PS3, 360, PC) Arkane Studios, Bethesda Software.
- This game is very intriguing. Part action, part stealth, first person combat, assassination simulator is looking great. From the distinct almost cartoony characters, multiple skill tree and upgrades this game only gets better and better every time I see it. Hopefully they can fix the little dilemma of range hit detection that first person combat games tend to have.
5. Borderlands 2 (September 18th, PS3, 360, PC) Gearbox, 2K games
- The sequel to one of my favorite games in 2009 Borderlands 2 gives us: more guns, more loot, more characters, more customizable options, more quests, more ways to play, more DLC, just more more more more and more………………. Oh and a NINJA! DAY ONE!
4. Code of Princess (October 9th, 3DS) Altus
- This will be my sleeper hit of 2012, the American voice actors are cheesy and the dialog is not well written but the game appears to have an extreme amount of depth and infinite replay value with competitive and cooperative multiplayer. Throw in 8 playable characters with customizable skill sets. And you got yourself a game worth checking out. Not to mention the Music is fantastic. Code of Princess is one of those games you have to see and play to really appreciate how awesome it is.
3. Zombi U/ New Super Mario Bros U (November, Wii U) UbiSoft/ Nintendo
- Double dipping on this one cause there both Wii U launch games. Zombi U looks fantastic for a Launch game. Zombi U is horror survival game that is innovating within the genre. Using different survivors which time you die and having to find your previous character to scavenge back your items is a brilliant idea. I really can’t wait to play Zombi U. New Super Mario Bros U isn’t really looking to innovate but nobody can deny that Nintendo knows how to make a brilliantly crafted platformer. Plus there is no way in hell I am missing Mario first official debut in HD. (No the dolphin emulator doesn’t count smartasses!
2. Resident Evil 6 (October 12th 360, PS3, PC) Capcom
- This game is getting a lot of hate around the internet but I am not one of those haters. Many gamers like to focus on Resident Evil going away from the survival horror genre but when new Resident Evil games comes out I love to focus on the story in the games. Resident Evil has one of the best stories out there. Resident Evil 6 looks to ratchet up the story implications tenfold bringing Wesker’s son, Leon S Kennedy, Ada Wong, and Chris Redfield all back in the same game. Not to mention a showdown between Chris and Leon. I understand a lot of gamers are upset with the direction the Resident Evil franchise is going in but I still have high expectations and will be playing the hell out of Resident Evil 6 when it launches next month.
1. Wii U (November) Nintendo
- Yes, the Wii U is my most anticipated rlease in gaming. The new gameplay options shown in games like pikmin and Zombi U have me giddy with excitement to see Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Star Fox, and many more in HD.
That’s my most anticipated list. What do you guys think? And more importantly list some of your most anticipated games or tech for the rest of 2012.