New Super Mario Bros U info blowout from Nintendo Direct
The Japanese Nintendo Direct has concluded and in it there was a blowout of information on New Super Mario Bros U for the Wii U. This information was translated by a user on Neogaf, check out all the info below:
- Source lighting from fireballs, star lifts. Contiguous world map like SMW, unlike SMB3.
- Forks in the road let you choose different worlds to move to. New characters. Wanted to include a flying feature, is easy to control for new players.
- Flying squirrels called Zunguri (they look like acorns, or donguri).
- Totten (“taking”) steals from Toad. You have to chase him down to return the item to Toad. (Nabbit in America)
- Spit out balloons with Baby Yoshi, even while flying.
- During off-screen play, use R button in place of Wiimote flips. Buddy play to add blocks.
- Wanted to create fun, self-explanatory gameplay for buddy mode. Add staircases, reach stars.
- Die a few times and you’ll be asked to post your frustration on Miiverse for others.
- With Mii Mode: Miis also appear in simultaneous multiplayer.
- Boost Mode, Time Attack, Coin Battle Mode. Also: edit coin locations in stages w/ stylus.
- Challenge Mode: set your own game rules and present them as challenges to others.
- GamePad holder must place platforms where Mario is going to land, reach goal in set time.