Next Generation Kinect Specs Show Huge Improvements over Predecessor
There is a rumor going around with the next generation Kinect. We got a leaked spec sheet for the Xbox 720 version of Kinect. New alleged specs have come and they look rather impressive, if your into Kinect.
The rumour comes from a VGLeaks report, which states that every Xbox 720 unit will come with a Kinect sensor, and that Microsoft has significantly improved its capabilities.
Here’s a quick list of improvements when compared to the original Kinect sensor bar:
- Improved field of view results in much larger play space.
- RGB stream is higher quality and higher resolution.
- Depth stream is much higher resolution and able to resolve much smaller objects.
- Higher depth stream accuracy enables separating objects in close depth proximity.
- Higher depth stream accuracy captures depth curvature around edges better.
- Active infrared (IR) stream permits lighting independent processing and feature recognition.
- End to end pipeline latency is improved by 33 ms
- Tracking of players with height of one meter.
- One mode for both seated and standing players.
- Detection of hand states, for example, open or closed hands.
- Detection of extra joints, and rotations for some joints.
- Tracking of six, rather than two, active players.
- Tracking of occluded joints, for example, an elbow occluded by a hand.
- Detection of joint positions.
- Detection of sideways poses.
Looks legit, but I am not the biggest Kinect fan. I know dancing games are going to be real popular on Xbox 720 with this new Kinect senor.More From Playeressence Mario Kart Double Dash Final Fantasy Vs 13 on PS4 to Block Used Games 2 Wishlist PS4? Via NFC Tech? Playeressence Original Next Generation News All the Top Gaming News Content & Shows Central, All info here For the day here