Category Archives: Wii U
Nintendo’s profits and revenue are up! Check out the highlights from the Big N’s 2015 Annual Report below.
- Gross profit increased from the previous fiscal year by ¥51.3 billion to ¥214.5 billion (U.S.$1,788 million; an increase of 31.5% on a year-over-year basis)
- Total assets increased overall by ¥46.5 billion compared with the previous fiscal year, to ¥1,352.9 billion (U.S.$11,274 million) mainly due to an increase in cash and deposits and securities.
- Net assets increased by ¥49.1 billion compared to the previous fiscal year to ¥1,167.5 billion (U.S.$9,729 million) due to the increase in foreign currency translation adjustment and retained earnings.
- Net sales were ¥549.7 billion (U.S.$4,581 million; a decrease of 3.8% on a year-on year basis), of which overseas sales were ¥414.7 billion (U.S.$3,455 million; an increase of 5.1% on a year-on-year basis, and 75.4% of total sales).
- Operating income was ¥24.7 billion (U.S.$206 million; compared with an operating loss of ¥46.4 billion in the previous fiscal year)
- GameStop Inc. apparently accounted for 468$ million of net sales
- SiRAS.com Inc is no longer a subsidiary
- Capital of Nintendo RU LLC. increased from RUB104 to RUB336
- Nintendo European Research and Development SAS is now a wholly owned subsidiary
- Nintendo’s ownership of Nd Cube Company, Ltd. increased from 96% to 97%
Via: Nintendo Everything
This week we will be discussing the games that are in are backlog, go over all the details for the Splatoon August Update, and then answer your questions Live on air!
Source: Terminator Juice
Nintendo has stated numerous times that they will be revealing the true form of “Codename NX” in 2016, presumably at E3. However there are a number of things that I’d personally like to see them do to improve their systems, services and overall experience.
Source: Zen Gamer
Check out the top ten upsets in Super Smash Bros. history by GRsmash!
The “defense” of this debacle has become Slightly Mad FOOS!
Source: Mizzah Tee
Nintendo of Europe has uploaded a brand new trailer for Super Mario Maker! It takes you for a ride down memory lane right into the Wii U title!
Square Enix will officially reveal a new Dragon Quest game today. Check out the livestream with the announcement below.
Source: Square Enix Japan
Splatoon and Shin Megami Tensei IV headline a busy Monday! PE NewZ….. right now! Yo! Subscribe to PlayerEssence for more video content!
A 14-year old Meta Knight player from Mexico named Leo beat the best Sheik main in the world and then called out the best player in Smash 4, ZeRo!
I won EVO without dropping games. I ain’t scared of anybody. If he wants to challenge me, fine, then he comes to the US to compete. @xD1x
— 「ZeRo」 (@ZeRoSSB) July 27, 2015
Source: Most Valuable Gaming
Yo! Some additional details have been revealed about Splatoon’s August update.
“Private Battle, two to eight friends will be able to battle together in customizable matches. Nintendo’s page also says that it “allows players to hold small-scale custom tournaments using up to 8 Wii U consoles and games on a single Internet connection.”
NOW, it’s time for me to get back into Splatoon. Couldn’t stand playing with random idiots online.
Check out 7 minutes of gameplay from Badland: Game of the Year Edition on Wii U.
Source: Nintendo Town
King K. Rool’s name has apparently been trademarked by Nintendo. Some are speculating that he might have won the Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS ballot.You can watch Etika’s video on the matter here.
Apparently Nintendo has just trademarked King K. Rool’s name. Omen of an upcoming Smash DLC announcement?
— DK Vine (@dkvine) July 26, 2015
Could Nintendo be gearing up for a new direct soon? Etika from the EWNetwork discusses the matter below, with “Rumored” leaked images. Warning, potential spoilers.
Sinxsoft is developing a new Japanese-style RPG called “Cross Reverie” to PC in 2016. The game was on Kickstarter, but was pulled after the team secured funds from a private investor. The team plans to bring the game to PC in Q3 2016, with a Wii U release afterwards. Check out the KickStarter trailer below, the game looks sweet. Via: Nintendo Everything
Check out two hours of gameplay footage from Q.U.B.E Directors Cut on Wii U.
Source: DRM Gamec
Splatoon will be getting a brand new Rainmaker game mode. Check out the promo video below showing it off!
“In Part 2 of our Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem analysis, we take a closer look at the story. Is it possible to get a clear timeline of events? How does Itsuki become Chrom’s Mirage Master? And what will the game be rated? We examine all of this and more in the second part of our Genei Ibun Roku #FE analysis!”
Woah Dave! sold better than Choice Provisions expected. Developer Jason Cirillo discussed the success of the game, as well as the development of Space Dave!
“…despite the fact that we felt very strongly that we had created a truly fun game, I think even we were a bit surprised at how well it did. I think the surprise came in that we knew we’d made a very simple game that would appeal mostly to more mature gamers who grew up with score-chasing arcade games in the 80s, but what we didn’t expect was the general enthusiasm we got from all crowds on all platforms. It was a very big success for MiniVisions both critically and financially.
…Space Dave! would most likely still have happened even if Woah Dave! hadn’t done well. The reason being is that MiniVisions games are largely driven, in all honesty, by us making games that we want to play ourselves. They’re all kinds of experimental. We’re never sure if everyone else will be as in to these ideas as we are, but the passion on our end to make it is there, so we kinda roll with that. Also, probably worth nothing that Space Dave! is a surprisingly different formula, but still 100% a ‘Dave’ game.”
Splatoon will be getting a huge update on August 6th that adds new modes, weapons and gear. Get the full tun down below.
Famitsu has put up a new feature with Splatoon producer Hiashi Nogami and other devs on the game. They discussed a wide range of topics from the sound effects to the squid girl design. Get all the information below.