Tag Archives: Nintendo
The Nintendo Minute crew boot up Super Smash Bros. for Wii U with the DLC characters.
The Smash Boards are hard at work going through all the balancing changes with update 1.1.0 in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. Most notable are Sheik’s nerf on her forward air, while Marth, Lucina, Ganondorf, and Zelda received some much needed buffs. Get the full list of discovered changes at the Smash Boards. Oh…. and bad news for Fox players…his jab lock has been removed, sorry shofu.
Nintendo and Facebook teamed up to promote Super Mario Maker. Check out the Hackathon event that tasked Facebook employees with making new levels.
Nintendo released a new trailer promoting all the new content players can download right now.
Source: Super Smash Bros.
Good player, but you’re in over your head kid. Have a little respect…. Subscribe to PlayerEssence for more original content.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS Update 1.1.0 is live – Adds New Stages, Mii Fighters & Tournament Mode
The latest update for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS is live. Update 1.1.0 adds a host a new features such as YouTube uploads, Tournament mode, new stages and Mii Fighters! Stay tuned for more info on the first PlayerEssence tournaments starting this weekend.
This week’s Wii U eShop charts are in. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time was the top game, while Child of Light was number two. Get the full charts below.
MVC is reporting the Nintendo UK Store will be offering a loot crate style subscription service that will offer Nintendo themed collectibles monthly.
“The box will be named the ’N-Box’ and will feature Nintendo themed toys, clothes and other accessories. You can either purchase the ‘N-Box’ separately or subscribe to a three, six, or 12-month plan.”
The N-box is set for launch this September, according to MVC. Nintendo has not confirmed this so it’s being marked as a rumor.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U update this Friday….. tournament mode, LETS GO! Subscribe to PlayerEssence for all the HYPE videos you can handle!
The GameXplain guys discuss Dragon Quest XI coming to the Nintendo NX.
The official reports for Nintendo’s Q1 Fiscal Year 2015. Get all the details below. Via: Nintendo Everything
– Generated more than $729 million (90 billion yen) in sales
– Up from $603 million (75 billion yen) during the same period last year
– Operating income of $9.3 million (1.1 billion yen)
– Major improvement from the loss of $76 million (9.5 billion yen) the company reported during Q1 2015
– Outpaced analyst estimates in this area as well
– Wall Street and financial experts around the world were expecting the company to report a loss of around $1 million
– Nintendo also reported an earnings per share of 56 cents
– Q1 2016 wasn’t only a decent quarter for Nintendo in comparison to 2014
– In terms of net sales, Nintendo hasn’t made this much money since its fiscal 2012
– First positive operating income for a Nintendo Q1 since its fiscal 2011
– Even though the company generated more revenue in fiscal 2012, that was the year it spent a serious amount of cash on research and development for the Wii U
– Splatoon sold 1.62 million copies
– This even helped push a few extra Wii U systems, according to Nintendo
– Nintendo still expects to generate $4.6 billion in sales and $404 million in operating income for its entire fiscal 2016
– Those estimations are in line with what the company previously predicted at the end of fiscal 2015
Source: Venture Beat
Freedom Planet was supposed to come to Wii U on August 3rd, but it has been delayed till after RTX, which runs from August 7th to August 9th.
Freedom Planet’s Wii U release is being delayed until after RTX due to underestimating development time. More details coming soon.
— Stevie DiDuro (@galaxytrail) July 28, 2015
There is a rumor going around that a certain stage is coming to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U on Friday. All the info past the link. Sakurai is looking to provide a “check-up” for Smash players!
Check out this Japanese introduction video for Super Mario Maker on the Wii U.
Nintendo has provided an updated list of million selling titles for 3DS and Wii U. Get both lists below.
– Mario Kart 8 – 5.43 million
– Nintendo Land – 4.88 million
– New Super Mario Bros. U – 4.84 million
– Super Mario 3D World – 4.30 million
– Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 3.83 million
– New Super Luigi U – 2.26 million
– Splatoon – 1.62 million
– The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – 1.57 million
– Wii Party U – 1.57 million
– Pokemon X/Y – 13.99 million
– Mario Kart 7 – 11.92 million
– Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 10.27 million
– Super Mario 3D Land – 10.10 million
– New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 9.30 million
– Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 9.17 million
– Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 7.04 million
– Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 4.54 million
– Tomodachi Life – 4.30 million
– The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 3.77 million
Via: Nintendo Everything
The updated Miiverse redesign is live. Get the full rundown of what’s changed below.
- Screen Shot Album – Saving and organizing screen shots that people take in games are made easier with the new Screen Shot Album. The private album can only be viewed by the player and can hold up to 100 screen shots from a variety of games. The images can even be neatly sorted by game name for easy searching.
- Play Journal – With the Play Journal, players can record their unique game experiences by writing journal entries about games as they play them. Creating a journal entry is as easy as opening Miiverse while playing a compatible game, and each entry will include a screen shot that shows exactly what was happening in the game when the player pressed the HOME button. The new Play Journal feature replaces the ability for users to post directly to their own activity feeds.
- New Look – In the main community for each Wii U and Nintendo 3DS game, posts will be categorized in three easy-to-browse sections:
- Play Journal Entries – All Play Journal entries from players about a specific game will be located here. By viewing the displayed screen shots, players can quickly find other players who are in the same section of the game, making it easy to find relevant tips, comments and experiences.
- Drawings – Miiverse is full of incredible drawings from fans. This community section will display artwork other players have created about the game, in order of popularity.
- Discussions – If players want to ask questions or start conversations about a game, this is the perfect place to do it. The inclusion of tags in these discussions makes it easier for players to find what they are looking for.
Source: Nintendo PR
Nintendo has announced that Wii U sales have crossed the 10 million mark worldwide. While the innovative shooter, Splatoon, has sold over 1.62 million units worldwide as of June 30th, 2015. The Nintendo 3DS sold 1 million units last quarter. Software sales for the 3DS were at 7.92 million. Via: MNN, Source: Develop
Nintendo just dropped the latest update for Code Name STEAM on 3DS. The patch adds support for the systems’ NFC Reader/Writer accessory. It also patches in Fire Emblem Fates, One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X, and Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ in Japan. Via: Nintendo Everything, Source: Daan Koopman
We’ve got details for the massive Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS update on July 31st.
• Parka costumes, which can be used by all three Mii types
• King K Rool costume for Mii Fighters
• Chrom Costume for Mii Fighter
• Hyrule Castle 64 Stage
• Peach’s Castle 64 Stage
• Tournament Mode
• Ability to save and post replays to YouTube
More costumes and information will be given on the official Smash Bros. Twitter account tomorrow.
Via: Nintendo Everything
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament Mode Launches on Friday + New Stages and Mii Fighter Costumes
Nintendo has announced that the highly anticipated tournament mode for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be launching on July 31st, which is this Friday! There will also be new stages and Mii Fighter costumes for players to download. Yoooo!!! Look forward to the first official PE Tournament going down this weekend! More details soon! Source: Nintendo UK
Nintendo’s profits and revenue are up! Check out the highlights from the Big N’s 2015 Annual Report below.
- Gross profit increased from the previous fiscal year by ¥51.3 billion to ¥214.5 billion (U.S.$1,788 million; an increase of 31.5% on a year-over-year basis)
- Total assets increased overall by ¥46.5 billion compared with the previous fiscal year, to ¥1,352.9 billion (U.S.$11,274 million) mainly due to an increase in cash and deposits and securities.
- Net assets increased by ¥49.1 billion compared to the previous fiscal year to ¥1,167.5 billion (U.S.$9,729 million) due to the increase in foreign currency translation adjustment and retained earnings.
- Net sales were ¥549.7 billion (U.S.$4,581 million; a decrease of 3.8% on a year-on year basis), of which overseas sales were ¥414.7 billion (U.S.$3,455 million; an increase of 5.1% on a year-on-year basis, and 75.4% of total sales).
- Operating income was ¥24.7 billion (U.S.$206 million; compared with an operating loss of ¥46.4 billion in the previous fiscal year)
- GameStop Inc. apparently accounted for 468$ million of net sales
- SiRAS.com Inc is no longer a subsidiary
- Capital of Nintendo RU LLC. increased from RUB104 to RUB336
- Nintendo European Research and Development SAS is now a wholly owned subsidiary
- Nintendo’s ownership of Nd Cube Company, Ltd. increased from 96% to 97%
Via: Nintendo Everything
This week we will be discussing the games that are in are backlog, go over all the details for the Splatoon August Update, and then answer your questions Live on air!
Source: Terminator Juice