Tag Archives: 3DS
Capcom has announced that sales of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS have crossed 3.9 million units worldwide. Via: GameSpot
505 Games has revealed the official boxart for Terraria on Wii U and 3DS. Terraria is launching in early 2016 with online multiplayer. Via: Nintendo Everything
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS Update 1.1.0 is live – Adds New Stages, Mii Fighters & Tournament Mode
The latest update for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS is live. Update 1.1.0 adds a host a new features such as YouTube uploads, Tournament mode, new stages and Mii Fighters! Stay tuned for more info on the first PlayerEssence tournaments starting this weekend.
Dragon Quest XI on 3DS will allow players to switch between 3D and 2D art styles, but will not allow both to be on at the same time. The beginning intro will have both simultaneously, but after that it’s one or the other. Via: GoNintendo
The first update for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is live. However, you might have to manually download it from the eShop. 5 he patch has various bug fixes. Via: Nintendo Everything
Capcom has announced Monster Hunter X will be getting a special 3DS themed bundle in Japan on November 28th.
The bundle includes the following:
- A retail copy of Monster Hunter X for the 3DS.
- A Monster Hunter X themed New 3DS XL.
- Exclusive stylus.
- Six AR cards.
- 4GB Mirco SDHC memory card.
- Easy start guide.
Square Enix has announced the multiplayer RPG Final Fantasy Explorers, will be coming to North America on January 26th 2016. Europe will get the game on January 29th 2016.
Cube Creator 3D will be getting a nice update on August 6th, 2015. Kenny Jay of Big John Games announced the good news on Miiverse. Via: Nintendo Everything
The Legend of Legacy is out in Japan, but launching in late 2015 and early 2016 for America and Europe respectively. Get some gameplay details for the 3DS RPG below.
- Seven Unique Perspectives – Each character in The Legend of Legacy has their own motivation for exploring Avalon, and their individual conclusion at the story’s resolution. Play through as each character to see them all!
- Combats Gets Classless – Managing formations to instruct specific combat roles instead of fixed classes adds a different level of challenge for battle enthusiasts.
- Legendary Development – Illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series), renowned composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII), writer Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger), game designer Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series), and Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) all come together to create this brand new experience.
- Balance for the West – Based on user feedback following the Japanese release, several gameplay adjustments were made to enhance the gameplay. More details to come later!
While The Legend of Legacy will launch in North America this fall, European owners will have to wait till 2016 to get their hands on this exciting JRPG. NIS America will be handing the European publishing duties for Europe, while Atlus is publishing the game in the US. Via: Nintendo Everything, Source: USK
Nintendo has provided an updated list of million selling titles for 3DS and Wii U. Get both lists below.
– Mario Kart 8 – 5.43 million
– Nintendo Land – 4.88 million
– New Super Mario Bros. U – 4.84 million
– Super Mario 3D World – 4.30 million
– Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 3.83 million
– New Super Luigi U – 2.26 million
– Splatoon – 1.62 million
– The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – 1.57 million
– Wii Party U – 1.57 million
– Pokemon X/Y – 13.99 million
– Mario Kart 7 – 11.92 million
– Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 10.27 million
– Super Mario 3D Land – 10.10 million
– New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 9.30 million
– Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 9.17 million
– Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 7.04 million
– Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 4.54 million
– Tomodachi Life – 4.30 million
– The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 3.77 million
Via: Nintendo Everything
Nintendo has announced that Wii U sales have crossed the 10 million mark worldwide. While the innovative shooter, Splatoon, has sold over 1.62 million units worldwide as of June 30th, 2015. The Nintendo 3DS sold 1 million units last quarter. Software sales for the 3DS were at 7.92 million. Via: MNN, Source: Develop
Nintendo just dropped the latest update for Code Name STEAM on 3DS. The patch adds support for the systems’ NFC Reader/Writer accessory. It also patches in Fire Emblem Fates, One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X, and Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ in Japan. Via: Nintendo Everything, Source: Daan Koopman
Get the first 47 minutes of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on New Nintendo 3DS below.
This week’s 3DS eShop Charts are in! I’ve Got to Run: Complete Edition! and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth lead. Get the full charts past the link.
Dragon Quest VIII will be coming to the Nintendo 3DS with a host of extras on August 27th in Japan. Square Enix announced the date at today’s Dragon Quest presentation. No word on a localization for classic PS2 port.
King K. Rool’s name has apparently been trademarked by Nintendo. Some are speculating that he might have won the Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS ballot.You can watch Etika’s video on the matter here.
Apparently Nintendo has just trademarked King K. Rool’s name. Omen of an upcoming Smash DLC announcement?
— DK Vine (@dkvine) July 26, 2015
Square Enix has revealed new details on Dragon Quest VIII photo mode and streetpass features. Get all the details past the link.
Yo! One of my favorite games on 3DS has reached a major milestone. Shin Megami Tensei IV has broke 600,000 units sold. Atlus announced the good news on Twitter today. Via: Nintendo Everything
This post will be stuck for the top for a bit, new articles will be posted below.
Francis from PlayerEssence breaks down the week’s best Nintendo news and gives his take on the Wii U’s summer drought in the main topic. Subscribe to PlayerEssence for more awesome content!
Amazon will be exclusively selling the Palutena amiibo today at 5 PM ET/ 2 PM PT. Amazon has stated there will be “ample quantities.” There will be a limit of 1-per customer and 1-click ordering will be disabled. You can follow the listing right here.
YO! At the Fire Emblem 25th concert news broke that Nintendo is working on a Fire Emblem Fates Manga adaptation.
Fire Emblem 25th concert was pretty rad. Awakening end battle music live was all the feels. Comic announced w/ @kymg and Fates’ Kibayashi
— John Ricciardi (@johntv) July 24, 2015